THE FANGS • Metal Garage LP

Friday, May 23, 2008

Bad Reputation Records 2002
Is it lame to post your own band's record? It probably is, but I don't care because so few people own a copy of this (I know because I've got hundreds of extras in my spare room) that if even 4 or 5 people download it, it'll have doubled it's listening audience... and what's wrong with a little shameless self promotion anyways? THE FANGS was a band that went through many many incarnations, and members, with Mat (vox/guitar) being the only constant. These songs were recorded by the final line-up, which was comprised of Mat, myself (drums) and Sarah (bass/vox), between 1999 and 2001 maybe (I don't remember exactly). This is more of a compilation than a proper album, cuz there's songs from at least 5 different recording sessions on here. We seemed to record constantly, but never did anything with the finished product 'til Mat and I decided to release this posthumously. Why put out a record after the band's broken up? Fucking good question! I guess we wanted to have something to show for all the hard work, energy, time, money, and creativity that was put into the band. The sound is a mix of Punk, Rock'n'Roll, Garage, and maybe just a hint of Metal here and there. I didn't even know if I'd like this record when I ripped it, cuz it'd been such a long time since I'd heard it, but I'm happy to say that I still love this band and these songs. We played tirelessly around the Toronto area for a couple of years to no avail, and in the end it all got to be a bit much, so we called it a day. If you dig this record, I'll send you a copy for free, I'd just need some $ to cover the cost of postage and it's yours!
DOWNLOAD: The Fangs - Metal Garage.rar (46.54 MB)

7 comments:

Erich said...

This is really good! Love the guitar work and the overall power. It's not what I'd play every day, but it's really catchy. Can't see why such a band doesn't get "bigger" as it sounds pretty popular in a way.

Anonymous said...

What's up jerky?
The tape I made of your band Nosferatu playing live is posted here,also the solo demo you gave me.
http://torontothrash.blogspot.com/2009/07/nosferatu-can-1988-burning-to-damnation.html
http://torontothrash.blogspot.com/2009/06/al-mccartney-ex-nosferatucan-demo-1990.html

Do you have any Necromancy tapes? I have some mp3's of the 1985 /86 demos & rehearsals.
I am missing the 1988 demo.

Anonymous said...

Simply great. Please give me an adress where I can send the money and I hope to receive this vinyl for my collection.

Garage Tent said...

I follow your blog for a long time and must tell you that your posts always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT !!!

The vapids said...

one of my favourite bands and records ever. I never did like the dirty bass tone cause you could never hear it, but overall i love this record. Was great to push this band on people over the years, but to no avail. i once owned 20 copies of this LP!

Alcolm X said...

If your bass ain't distorted... you ain't doing it right!