13 • Hollow 7"

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kichigai Records 1993
Remember in that SHEAVY post when I said there was a time when I'd buy anything that was even remotely Doom... well look no further than this 7" by New York all-girl Doom/Sludge band 13 for proof. I can't believe that there was a time when I actually liked this kinda crap... Jesus this shit is depressing. Yeah I know that's the idea, but c'mon... I'd never wanna listen to this stuff today. The B-Side track "Bound" reminds me of the first CATHEDRAL record, so I like it a bit more than the tuneless EYEHATEGOD sludge of "Hollow". 13 were a totally solid band, and heavy-as-all-Hell, but these days I need more Rock action... fuck that makes me feel old!
DOWNLOAD: 13-Hollow.rar (15.11 MB)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any way you can reupload the first track? WinRAR says the song is corrupt. Second song works and sounds perfect though. All the other rips I've found of this are in mono with terrible quality.

Alcolm X said...

Thanks for letting me know. I just re-upped it and it seems to be working fine. Let me know if it's still giving you grief.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, works like a charm - Many thanks! Top-shelf blog by the way!

Anonymous said...

This is great shit by Alicia and the ladies (and one dude). It's too bad they can't track Liz down and put the band back together, as they won't do it without her. There is very little 13 that was laid down, but it's out there if you look for it.

I disagree that Eyehategod is tuneless, as you put it. I will say that they are absolutely brutal live, though. But, to each his own. Great blog with some killer obscure shit. keep up the great work!