VENSOR • Trash Till Death Demo

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Private/Indie 1987
Not really sure what the deal was with these Québécois dummies, but I'm gonna give 'em the benefit of the doubt and assume that the swatikas, Vensoreich and other questionable affectations were just used for shock value in a crass, simple minded attempt to gain noteriety. The fact that there's a song called "Hi! Hitler" is just as hilariously stupid as I'm sure the 3 members of this band were. Musically VENSOR are a totally generic mix of Morbid Visions-era SEPULTURA and fellow Montrealers AGGRESSION - not terrible, but nothing you haven't heard a million times before... jesus, by '87 we were already sick of this shit! Actually this is way cooler now than it was then... too bad about the nazi bullshit though. If anyone is totally offended by VENSOR's idiocy and lack of common sense, please let me know and I'll remove it - but if you're offended by the fact that this is generic and subpar, I can't do anything for ya.
DOWNLOAD: Vensor-TrashTillDeathDemo.rar (52.04 MB)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DLed just in case someone has a swastika freakout. Speaking of Canadians and silly misappropriation of said symbol, didn't the Viletones catch a lot of shit for that? No, wait, that was cause their singer called himself Nazi Dog.

Anonymous said...

Dissection from Canada also had some Nazi stuff, I think.

...and the Morbid Visions comparison compels me to download this. I dunno, there's a lot of primitive sounding black/death/thrash around, but I've never heard anything that really sounds like Bestial Devastation/Morbid Visions. There was just something slightly different about that stuff. To me, anyway.

(Actually I always thought "Torment in Fire" sounded like early Sepultura. A more thrash version.)

Anonymous said...

I like the cover drawing too, for some reason

Norbac said...

Well... considering the drummer was 13 yeard old at that time... that svastika was more like a school-ignorant bullshit.

I don't mean that the idiot who use it with knowledge, have more rights either, haha!! But I mean that most probably these guys used this because they were just pubescents and not real nazi-scum.

Anonymous said...

Did I somehow end up at faggots blogspot/forum? What a bunch of whinging scumbags all of you ARE! Brilliant band and image,Heavy Metal!!

Anonymous said...

HI GUY
I AM THE LEAD GUITARE AND SINGER OF THIS BAND,LET SAY THE LYRICS WERE NOT PERFECT,THE IMAGE GIVEN WAS FROM MOSTLY KID GUYS,I WAS 17 AND MY BROTHER THE DRUMMER WAS 12 WHEN WE DID THE FIRST ALBUM,I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THE IMAGE OF THE BAND AND THE LYRICS WERE MAYBE POOR BUT THE MUSIC WAS JUST GREAT.YOU PROBABLY WOULD LIKE THE 2 ND ALBUM A LOT MORE

Alcolm X said...

Wait... there was a second demo!?! I'd love to hear it. How can I/we get a copy of it?