BLACK WIDOW • Streetfighter LP

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Roadrunner Records 1984
When an album cover features a streetfighting BMX biker pimp child, you gotta wonder what the fuck these guys were thinking!?! Maybe in the 80's the streets of Holland were overrun with nasty leather clad gangs of marauding BMX riding misogynist kids, and this album is simply a reflection of BLACK WIDOW's reality. That might start to explain the music contained on Streetfighter: a raucous mix of hard rockin' bluesy barroom Metal and punky proto-Thrash. I'm shocked by how great this record is, it's non-stop fun from top to bottom (with the hokey "Crazy Train Blues" being the only exception). I know that if it was 1984, and I was a 12 year old Dutch shitdisturber, there could be no better soundtrack than Streetfighter for the endless nights of boozin', whorin', and BMXin'!
DOWNLOAD: BlackWidow-Streetfighter.rar (70.46 MB)

9 comments:

Robert said...

I hate to ruin your dreams of Holland, but I was there in '84 (still am, by the way), and the streets definitely looked a bit duller than this album cover would have you believe. Shame, really.

Robert said...

In addition to my last note, these guys were actually from Belgium. The album cover might be an adequate portrayal of Belgian street life.

Erich said...

I just laughed my ass off over this post, the record and the comments Thanks!

Anonymous said...

great cover shot! Thanks

Anonymous said...

I was one of those freestyle-bmx'ing-headbanging nerds that actually idolized this group back in the mid-80's. I can't believe I found this download after searching for YEARS and YEARS for this group. Searches always bring up that early 70's band Black Widow from the UK which has nothing on this Black Widow group.
I can finally put the cassette away... :)

Thanks Roadrunner... ID

Anonymous said...

a great belgian band...i've never missed one show of these guys!! rick rex is great singer, i always loved the band when they played "streetfighter" live !! and the crowd goes wild........
just memories for now

ukke puk said...

I remember these guys if it was yesterdag. The put up a great show. Rick Rex was a great singer

ukke puk said...

I remember these guys very well. The always put up a hell of a show. Rick Rex is a great singer !!

Thunderone said...

They are back, alongside with Lion s Pride, Westfalen, Breathless, Nation,Sustain and Creep.

Metal Legacy
Rondpunt 26

3600 Genk

29 April 2012 19:00