METAL WARRIOR LP

Monday, March 16, 2009

Metalother Records 1987
It never ceases to amaze me when I find out what year records like this were released. In 1987, all the bands on METAL WARRIOR were still mired in the muck of the NWOBHM while groundbreaking records like Killing Technology, Master Of Puppets, Reign In Blood, and Into The Pandemonium were being released. This doesn't mean that METAL WARRIOR is a bad record, quite the contrary, it just means that the world seemed to be passing these guys by. Certainly not an issue for those who longed for the glory days of the NWOBHM. 6 bands make up this mini comp in: DEUCE (UK), CRISIS (USA), FIRST OFFENCE (UK), TROJAN (Ireland), NOT FRAGILE (Germany), and EZYMEAT (Ireland). I dunno if I'd wanna hear entire full-lengths by each of these bands, but on a comp there's no time to get bored, and so this record is a damn good listen.
DOWNLOAD: MetalWarrior.rar (55.42 MB)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not Fragile have a very cool EP out, but it doesn't sound much like the track on here, it's like if you took this song and supercharged it with some Helloween-ish speed. Cool if you can find it...

Alcolm X said...

I think I actually have the NOT FRAGILE Who Dares Wins record kicking around somewhere, but I don't remember anything about it. Not sure if that's the same EP you're talking about.

EyeChartBrew said...

I gotta admit that the Deuce (UK) track is pretty kicking. Nicely OTT and anachronistic for `87!
//TB

Vibrations Of Doom said...

If yer still kickin' it around, I have the full length from FIRST OFFENCE "First Offence." It's a pretty kick ass record, straightforward NWOBHM with some rockin' songs... I cleaned and did a secondary remastering on it... Good stuff... Will be going on the Vibrations Of Doom classic albums archives soon!