TKO • Let It Roll LP

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Infinity Records 1979
I'm still shocked by how much I love TKO's In Your Face record. I've listened to it pretty much every day for the past 3 months, and still I can't get enough. Not only was the band that recorded Let It Roll almost completely different, but their sound shows little similarity to the over-the-top Metal of In Your Face. This, the band's debut, is a somewhat standard 70s Rock affair that would sit well amongst the Classic Rock radio staples of CHEAP TRICK, FOREIGNER, APRIL WINE and BOSTON... at times it even hints at FLEETWOOD MAC of all things (check the guitar melody on "What In The World" for proof). The songwriting is great and completely memorable, and Brad Sinsel's voice is a stonecold classic, but this lacks the energy, the manic guitar histrionics, and the Metalness (for lack of a better word) that I love so much about In Your Face. Still, I've become such a Sinsel fan that I'll take what I can get. Let It Roll? Sure, why the Hell not!?!
DOWNLOAD: TKO-LetItRoll.rar (64.72 MB)

6 comments:

Rob. said...

Hey man, great blog, just thought I'd let you know that I was at "This and That" flea market in Whitby today, holy shit there was a lot of metal on vinyl. There are two vendors there that specialize in heavy metal titles, and the prices were average for that kind of stuff, you might want to check it out....

Alcolm X said...

Shit... thanks for the heads up. I was there 2 weeks ago and grabbed a couple of things (Lords Of The Crimson Alliance, Xentrix and Samain) but there wasn't a huge amount good stuff. Guess I'll have to head back up there soon. Thanks again.

Rob said...

....there's a new vendor there that's located at the far right end of the building-he's got so much amazing shit for sale-there's a section of just metal titles which include a ton of really obscure stuff, some titles still in the wrapper ( I spotted a sealed Spartan Warrior record...). Anyway, the guy told me he's going to be there for the next two or three weeks, you may want to take a trip down....

Alcolm X said...

Awesome. I think I know that guy - wears tie-dye. I bought a lot of good stuff from him at the St. Catharines record show.

Rob said...

Yes, that's the guy! I was drooling over some of the KISS stuff, although the price was too high for me....I ended up with British Steel and Montrose....

Anonymous said...

Thanx a lot!