SAMAIN • Vibrations Of Doom LP

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Roadrunner Records 1984
Moustache Metal ran rampant in the mid-80s, but it was nowhere more present than in der Vaterland. 4/5 of SAMAIN carry on the long and strong German tradition of fuzzy facial appendages by proudly displaying their soup strainers on the back cover of Vibrations Of Doom: a generally innocuous blend of ACCEPT-ish pounders and mid-tempo rockers that recall Deutcshe Deflorators TNT. This is middle-of-the-road Metal that's very reminiscent of KROKUS... you know: it's cool, but it's not mindblowing by any means, and is generally forgettable. VOD does have it's moments, but there's a definite shortage of excitement ("Giant Man" or "Gonna Swing My Chariot" being the possible exceptions), as none of 'em really get the heart pumping. Maybe I can't fully appreciate it cuz of my lack of facial hair, but still, this is an above average record that warrants a few more spins and perhaps a few less shaves.
DOWNLOAD: Samain-VibrationsOfDoom.rar (70.73 MB)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, good album!
If you have TNT's Deflorator, please post it.

Alcolm X said...

I have the TNT record too - I will post it for you ASAP.

Anonymous said...

This album is good,got it downloaded awhile ago.
Too bad the track by them on the Attic/Roadrunner sampler was not enough to grab me.Think they put on a 2 minute intro from them,not even metal.

Looking for AntiPoser

Anonymous said...

Ha! Moustache Metal! That's funny! The album doesn't age well, but then few albums from the 80s do. I remember picking this up on tape back when it was new and I was looking for obscure stuff. Thanks for the memories.

Simon said...

Whoa, is this the copy I traded in to Hits & Misses this weekend???

Alcolm X said...

No - I picked this up at the This & That flea market in Whitby a few weeks ago.

Bazooka said...

...speaking of the Attic/Roadrunner sampler, I just finished transferring it to c.d., great stuff. Hey Alcolm X, I was at "This and That" flea market as well, the guy in the tie-die has some great metal shit on vinyl, although some of it was a bit pricey. I also just transferred a 12" record called "The Lone Rager-Metal rap" to c.d., funny shit. Just wondering if you've heard it before. I can post it if you haven't.....

Alcolm X said...

Hahaha The Lone Rager... doesn't ring a bell. Sounds interesting though - I'd love to hear it.

I've bought lotsa stuff from that tie-dye guy at record shows, but he wasn't at T&T last time I was there - you're right, he can be a bit pricey.

I got this SAMAIN record from the guy with all the tattoos - on the left when you walk in.

Bazooka said...

....the guy with the tats is Derek, he's pretty cool-I've bought stuff from him as well, prices are reasonable.

here's the Lone Rager ep plus a couple of other tunes, let me know if I did this right.....here's the link. hope it works ok.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtzlonjcihg/vinyl rip.rar

Bazooka said...

sorry, I couldn't post the url properly, not sure if this forum supports the html tags...anyway, just cut and paste. Thanks.Bazooka.

Alcolm X said...

Haha! Thanks for the BLOTTO man! Brings back awesome memories.
"Suddenly there's an endless void where I used to keep my brain" Genius!
It totally reminds me of TESCO VEE's "Wine Wenches & Wheels" from the Dutch Hercules record.

The LONE RAGER is completely moronic, but I'd definitely buy it if I ever found it. Thanks again.

Alcolm X said...

Hey Bazooka. I found the LONE RAGER today at Rotate This... sealed no less!

RagnarR said...

Thanks, I've only heard these guys in a barrage of other bands, so they never really stood out. Looking forward to giving them a more time.

The Dutch & Belgians were also big on mustaches in their metal. Flip through any issues of Metal Forces from 1984-86 - specifically the demos section.