TARGET • Master Project Genesis LP

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Aaarrg Records 1988
Holy shit this is a good record! Herky-jerky technical Thrash that not only sounds like, but is equally as good as, and better in some cases, than Cracked Brain-era DESTRUCTION, OBLIVEON, M.A.D. and ARTILLERY. Trust me, I'm not being overzealous or hyperbolic, this album is that good (yeah I know Cracked Brain kinda sucks, but whatever). Not only is there the modern cyber-techno Metal replete with harmonized R2-D2 guitar solos, but there's a healthy dose of straight ahead Thrash so things don't become so abstrusely angular that you can't even wrap yer head around it. Steve Gray's vocals are excellent, and help to elevate TARGET above all the aforementioned bands with regards to melody and accessibility (excepting ARTILLERY perhaps). This is one of the best Thrash records I've posted. Download at will.
DOWNLOAD: Target-MasterProjectGenesis.rar (68.73 MB)

6 comments:

Metal Mark said...

Never heard of it. I thought that I had heard of heard of thrash album from that time as I was hounding the records stores weekly looking ofr stuff in the late
1980's.

Alcolm X said...

This record is so good there shoulda been a bigger buzz about them, but I'd never heard of TARGET either.

Simon said...

Picked this up for a few bucks at the Junk Shop, then sold it to Pete before I had a chance to listen to it. Whoops...

Alcolm X said...

I wondered if this was one of the records you unloaded at H&M. I think the rest were already gone by the time I made it up there. I remember a Sledgehammer record too, but it was pretty bland.

EyeChartBrew said...

Thanks for posting this -- very interesting "Flotsam and Jetsam vox" + "a chunkier Hades" + "uncrappy Mekong Delta". ;^) But is it just me, or is the last track of that RAR file hammered?
//TB

Alcolm X said...

Hey ECB - thanks for the heads up. I'm re-upping this now.

Anyone who grabbed this will wanna get it again cuz the last track wasn't extracting properly, or at all.