LADY KILLER • Lady Killer LP

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Allegiance Records 1983
As far as I'm concerned, this is what real Metal sounds like! The production is raw, and the sound: heavy and aggressive. The band lays it down like their lives are depending on it, tearing through all 9 tracks with aplomb and youthful exuberance. Sounding kinda like a punky EXCITER, I guarantee that New York's LADY KILLER laid waste to every other pimply faced Metal band in the boroughs. Unfortunately this was the only release they were able to squeeze out before disbanding... but maybe this is enough.
DOWNLOAD: LadyKiller-LadyKiller.rar (70.76 MB)

9 comments:

Metal Mark said...

Never heard of it. It may have to end up on my album covers blog at some point though.

Alcolm X said...

Yeah for sure.

I love the cover art!

Anonymous said...

i downloaded this twice, can you reupload track 3 pleas ?

LadyKiller-LadyKiller.rar: CRC failed in 03 - Outta My Way.mp3. The file is corrupt

Alcolm X said...

Thanks for letting me know - album's been re-upped.

Anonymous said...

So far so good on this one, and I can't help but think of Edgar Rice Burroughs books with the neat Frank Frazetta covers I used to have when seeing this album cover. I also think of the Michael Whelan stuff seen on Cirith Ungol albums. Basically, epic metal is made all the more epic with an epic cover to boot. Try using the word "epic" more times in a sentence than I just did. Betcha can't (nor want to).

Anonymous said...

Grew up with these guys...literally. I think I am the first person thanked on the back of the cover...LOL

This cover art was done by Joe Jusko, who later did a series of illustrations based on Burrough's stories.

Anonymous said...

Grew up with these guys...literally. I think I am the first person thanked on the back of the cover...LOL

This cover art was done by Joe Jusko, who later did a series of illustrations based on Burrough's stories.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the share Brother !

Anonymous said...

And I'm proud to say I did the back cover and inside jacket calligraphy!