MIDAS TOUCH • Presage To Disaster LP

Friday, March 5, 2010

Noise Records 1989
Sweden's never been known for it's prodigious Thrash output (neither in quantity nor quality), and save for AGONY and MIDAS TOUCH I couldn't name another band off the top of my head. Retro-Thrash the Swedes are all over, but back in the day they were a bit lacking. Presage To Disaster is decent, but MIDAS TOUCH were not breaking any new ground by sticking to formulaic pseudo-techno-Thrash that was popularized and running rampant in America. "When The Boot Comes Down" is the standout here, as it's a bit slower, more melodic, and a touch more trad Metal than the remainder of the record. I expected this to be better, and though kinda cool, it still falls a bit flat.
DOWNLOAD: MidasTouch-PresageToDisaster.rar (67.09 MB)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand where you are coming from here, as there are many "eh okay" bands from this period of Thrash band over-abundance. but I'm just a big nerd for anything on the old Noise roster from the eighties. Yeah, even the awful vocals of Vendetta don't phase me, I just love it!!! Furthermore, if you say Harris Johns produced it and it was recorded at Musiclab studios.. the nerdlust retakes me and I'll most likely listen to it. I'm just a sad little man. :P

Alcolm X said...

Just noticed the VENDETTA reference... I LOVE both of their Noise records! Awesome stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! It's right up my alley.
That more recent band Early Man sounds alot like them (and metallica of course).now I know...

anewblogger said...

I discovered this album/band in the CD section of Dollarama and it is by far the best thing I have ever found anywhere. I love this cd!!!!