VYPER • Afraid Of The Dark EP

Friday, July 9, 2010

Greenworld Records 1985
Shockingly, I didn't hate this record! One look at the shoddy cover and sketchy band members and I was convinced that a torrential shitstorm was about to ensue. Granted, I went into this with extremely low expectations, and VYPER woulda had to suck some serious balls in order to meet 'em. It's like when you went to see Twilight and came out fully entrenched in Team Edward... not that that's happened to me... but, uhhh you know what I mean. Anyways, Afraid Of The Dark serves up 4 moderately heavy slabs of commercial Metal with "Time Flies" being the heaviest, most OTT and fulla manic guitar histrionics. The lyrics are suitably abysmal and just the title of "Daddy's Girl" should be enough to give you an idea of where these dipshits were at. But again, on the whole, not as bad as you might assume.
DOWNLOAD: Vyper-AfraidOfTheDark.rar (27.26 MB)

4 comments:

Zealot Crusader said...

Lol.. speaking of Team Edward, I saw "Eclipse" recently and thought that they were getting closer to actually rising above the teen love triangle fixation that began with film #2, but I was wrong. Again, most other elements in the story just serve as sub-plots to the romance. Oh well, at least Vyper doesn't pull a bait-and-switch on you with the marketing like the Twilight Saga has done thus far.. THREE TIMES!!!

hermaidentaker said...

awesome!!!

MTMadd said...

I had this back in the 80's. I didn't think it was too bad at the time, even though I was more into thrash by then. Do you have their full album?

Alcolm X said...

Not sure... there's a good chance it's kickin' around here somewhere. If not, it's easy to come by. I see it quite often when vinyl hunting.