WAR DANCE • Monkey See, Monkey Do LP

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hageland Records 1989

Finally got my hands on a copy of WAR DANCE's only full length "official" release, Monkey See, Monkey Do, and I gotta admit, I was more than a little disappointed to see Gizz's name absent from the band's line-up. In fact, bassist/vocalist Andy Frantic is the only remaining member from the band's None But The Brave and A Short Sharp Shock demos... kinda weird. No matter, I forged on undeterred. Right off the bat this version of WAR DANCE is looser and punkier, the metallic edge maintained by Gizz Butt is completely absent, as are guitar solos and general advanced musicality... and unfortunately these are some of the things that I loved about the demos. Frantic's catchy songs remain, and high energy abounds, but vocalist "Sonny" Lister is a bit lacklustre and uninspired. I was honestly hoping for a the full blown Metal attack that WAR DANCE displayed live (evidence to follow), but alas Monkey See, Monkey Do is a bit of a step backward in that regard. Still, this is a cool Punk/Hardcore record, just not what I was expecting and/or hoping for.
DOWNLOAD: Wardance-MonkeySeeMonkeyDo.rar (60.62 MB)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i'm from mexico
thank you very much for uploading these albums,if they were not here, I would not know that the band exists GRACIAS