Ric's Recollections • Mississauga ON

Saturday, July 11, 2009

321 Lakeshore Road East
(905) 891-1523
http://www.ricrec.com/
Not to be confused with Ric's Collectibles (which is on the opposite end of the city, as well as the opposite end of the spectrum with regards to cleanliness, price, and Metal sections), Ric's Recollections is a tidy, if small, high-end vinyl aficionado's haven. Don't get me wrong, I've had many successful trips to Ric Collectibles, but my last venture out there left me emtpy-handed and full-walleted, while Ric's Recollections has left me penniless and heavy with Metal. The guy working, whom I can only assume was Ric himself, seemed reticent to direct me towards the "good" Metal, and had me sort through the generic Rock section for upwards of 20 minutes before making me aware of the 2 bins hiding underneath a rack. There I discovered quite the impressive selection of NWOBHM, and Euro-Metal, unfortunately I also discovered the unconscionably high sticker prices that are tacked onto every record that even begins to approach semi-rarity (I absolutely refuse to play $25 for a Banzai pressing of any record!). So, though there were at least 15 records I'd love to have in my collection, it'd be a cold day in Hell before I paid $300+ for 'em. Haggle though I tried, Ric is unflinching and nearly unbudging in his prices, and so I only left with these:



RAZOR "Malicious Intent" LP: This is the lone missing link in my Sheepdog/RAZOR collection. Happy to find it, and it didn't break the bank!
MAD BUTCHER "Metal Lightning Attack" LP: Looks cool as shit!
FALLEN ANGELS "Fallen Angels" LP: Just found out about this record/band a coupla weeks ago. 3/5 of HANOI ROCKS and Knox of THE VIBRATORS... how could that be bad?

Good shop, and I will definitely return, but it'll have to be when I'm in a particularly bounteous mood.

0 comments: